Diploma in Hairdressing
|Duration: Oct - Jun|
|Lectures: Tue - Thurs | 10am - 3pm|
|VTCT Diploma Level 2|
This course is designed to prepare you to enter a salon as a junior hairstylist or for you to learn basic skills for use at home. It allows learners to gather evidence in a realistic working environment. This is ideal if you are set on entering the industry as a junior hairstylist as you will be provided with the basic skills for employment.
No prior experience necessary but keen interest in hairdressing and willingness to work hard is essential. Students will be required to present models to work on throughout the course.
- The art of dressing hair
- Client consultation for hair services
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Working in the hair industry
- Cut women’s hair
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Colour and lighten hair
- Salon reception duties
- Promote products and services
- Plaiting and twisting hair
- Senior Trade by the DES
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing.
- Commercial hair salons
- Independent/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
- Product manufacturing and training
- Television, film, theatre and media
- Cruise liners
Leanne has 17 years hairdressing experience under her belt and is an Award Winning Hairstylist. As an educator she believes the learning never ends and constantly updates her own skills.
She has been teaching for 10 years, during which she has devised a practical and inclusive approach to developing skills and gaining qualifications.
Her Academy has won a prestigious Business Award. Along with her bridal business Vow 2 Wow winning several industry awards:
Freelance Hair Specialist 2017
Bridal Stylist of the Year 2017
Kilkenny Young Entrepreneur 2016
Bridal Stylist of the Year 2016
- Full Hairdressing Kit and Books
- Exam Fees
- Colours and Products for use on models in Academy
- Additional workshops throughout the year